Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring incense...

Five days into Spring...I can hardly believe it! Spring evokes so many emotions for me, and also just plain things to do. There are seeds to plant, a henhouse to clean, a house to freshen, declutter and organize and busy children to keep me busy when I have a moment to spare.

One of the most pressing things on this list is getting my home in order. I just have an intense desire to freshen and liven up the soul of my home. To help me out in this task, I made some Spring/Ostara incense. My inspiration came from the book "Celebrating the Great Mother" by Cait Johnson and Maura D. Shaw. This recipe was the easiest to make for me, as all of the ingredients were readily available. Here is the recipe:





3 parts base, (ground cinnamon, sawdust or sandalwood powder or chips)

1 part dried lavender or jasmine petals

1/2 part dried sage

Grind well with mortal and pestle. Store in a glass jar with a label.

I've been burning it for the past few days, and everyone who comes in has commented on how lovely my house smells. It's really helped to get me into the spirit of a Spring cleanse!


blessings
Maureen

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Great blog! I was just reading some of your old posts and was curious how you burn this exactly once you've ground it up?

    Thanks!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very interesting. I would be interested in having more details on how exactly you burn that incence. Please explain...
    muriste@videotron.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. CCTV is that the system that encompasses devices like cameras, monitors, and cables to make a tiny low live video feeding unit to desired destination terminals. CCTV full form The PS full form is "PostScript". You can see the full detail of PS, full forms of PS, and abbreviations of PS in the table given below. PS full form

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails